<body>

Photobucket

At the age of 28, i became a mom to a healthy baby boy. We named him JAIRUS GAVIN... (God enlighten - White hawk of battle). Since then.. i embraced every second of having him in my life. I am a mom whose into breastfeeding,baby wearing, cloth diapering and baby led weaning.

Motherhood is the best thing that ever happened in my life. There are hardships but it is nothing compare to the joy of seeing your child beside you. It is indeed God's most precious gift that a woman will have.. Here's our story.. Something to tell.. and something to share..

My pregnancy

Our Life now

Captured
Moments



Iam a nursing mom Wednesday, February 19, 2014 0 Comment

POSTED ON: AUGUST 21, 2012 4:21 PM



During my pregnancy i am determined and certain with what i will give my baby.. my very own milk.  With the support of my family,  friends and most especially my husband.. i was able to push through with breastfeeding starting on the 3rd day my son was born.  Why 3rd day?!  I am very vocal to everyone that i will breastfeed my baby but unfortunately  when i opened my eyes in the hospital room i saw the box of formula milk beside my bed.  I am really disappointed but i cannot complain (i am not in myself that time) -- more than 24 hours of labor was not easy.

The moment I held my son when the nurse gave him to me.. i gave him the first taste of breastmilk.  But then he can't get hold of it.  Getting frustrated seeing him cry is one thing that made us very weak.. to give him another day of formula..


 One thing i am very thankful of is that i have a very supportive friend (Sis Escie) who from the day i got pregnant never  stopped from inspiring me to breastfeed my son.  She's the one who taught me all the necessary things i need to know about breastfeeding, how to store milk and how long will it last etc etc.  I can still remember the moment i told her "Ang hina ng milk ko.. 2 oz lang ako per pump.. i am not sure if baby is getting enough..."  She told me "Sis.. 2 oz?! Tas ilang araw ka pa lang.. ang lakas nyan "  And indeed she's right.  Currently i can pump a minimum of 3 oz. :)  

She gave me a book which helped me a lot starting from 1st day of breastfeeding and until now.

Like many first time mom.. i also had my own struggles while breastfeeding my son but thank God as of today.. nearing to 1 month of breastfeeding my son.. i can say that it gets better as time passed by.  A piece of advise.. don't let cracked/sore nipples stop you from breastfeeding.. it will heal in time.  Get your strength from your child because it is one thing that can push you to surpass the challenges.  Before you know it.. breastfeeding is just like a normal routine in your life.. a life changing routine.

 I am exclusively breastfeeding my son full time from morning till evening and give him expressed milk from 12mn till 6 am..



Having a support group while nursing your baby is very important.  I am lucky enough to have a family who believe in the power of breastfeeding.  My husband is my no. 1 supporter ^_^  The tap at the back that he always give me while i breastfeed is one thing that inspire me to give my child the best gift i can give him.

Here's my personal list on why we can all say "yes" to breastfeeding..  

 It gives you that mother-child bonding that no other formula milk can give.  As for me.. i always hold my son's hand whenever i breastfeed him.. It gives me that feeling of happiness whenever i see him near me.. feels so good being close to him.

 Many first time moms will say that it hurts..  Yes, it happens to me too.  The first 2 weeks are really painful.. not until you master practicing proper latching.  After 2 weeks.. breastfeeding is as easy as 1-2-3.  (Personally -- browsing the net is one thing i do the most whenever i have questions regarding breastfeeding -- it helps me a lot)

I only need to spend small amount on breast milk storage bag and the electricity that i needed for my pump.. way too low compared to the price of formula milk.

 It's the best thing that we can give our child.  Imagine a mother.. confident enough that his child is getting the most nutritious milk this world can offer.. her very own.






PhotobucketWhen i was a child my mom breastfed me from the day i was born.  And now as i do it to my son.. i am very thankful that i was able to experience the joy of being a nursing mom.   Moments with him is sooo priceless that i know i will treasure for the rest of my life.

Labels: , ,



7:43 PM




From the eyes of an Angel


This blog is about
everything and anything
about my life and people around me.

Iam GRACE.
My name came from a princess.
But i know that i am not.
I do enjoy simple life.
I love to travel the world.
I am a sensitive person.
But someone who can get along well.
I am so loving the pressures.
I do at sometimes focus my mind to what i've been wanting for so long.
I am Gracey. A career woman. A daughter. A sister. A wife to a loving husband Lucky.

Know Me With This Fact

I AM BORN TO LIVE LIFE.

Photobucket Things can never be perfect.
But at least i am trying to make it right.



Memories

Photobucket