<body>

Photobucket

At the age of 28, i became a mom to a healthy baby boy. We named him JAIRUS GAVIN... (God enlighten - White hawk of battle). Since then.. i embraced every second of having him in my life. I am a mom whose into breastfeeding,baby wearing, cloth diapering and baby led weaning.

Motherhood is the best thing that ever happened in my life. There are hardships but it is nothing compare to the joy of seeing your child beside you. It is indeed God's most precious gift that a woman will have.. Here's our story.. Something to tell.. and something to share..

My pregnancy

Our Life now

Captured
Moments



Brestfeeding in public Wednesday, February 19, 2014 0 Comment


The moment i decided to breastfeed my son, i know that comes with that decision is to feed him in public.  Although its a bit hard for me to put on my nursing cover without the help of the people around me, i still want to pursue this what i call calling.. hihi.

This is my very first picture of breastfeeding my son in the hospital.  Although the visitors at that time are all family members, i still asked all the male to leave the room. lol.

This is the time that i felt so frustated because my son cannot latch properly. I know that i can but seeing him cry makes me weak to give him formula milk while i pump to give him enough for the day.

Nothing compares to the joy of breastfeeding..seeing your child holding you while feeding is one of the best bonding we ever have.




It's just a normal scenario in my parent's house to see me walking/sitting around breastfeeding my son.  If i have some visitors, i do it in my room.  lolz.  Still not ready to do it in front of some people.

I can still remember the day when i do it in the car, both breastfeed and pump.  At first i am hesitant, but when you hear your baby cry.. forget about the worries.. just do it!

I pump when i am outside. That is why when i came back here in Singapore i pump at work.  I am just glad that there are lots of nursing room here in Sg so there's no problem.. i can still take home a minimum of 10 oz to my son in my 8 hour work.  Talking about being a milk machine. ^_^




I am hoping that i can buy a nursing wear so that even when i don't have my nursing cover, i can still feed my son.  I admire those nursing mom who are doing a great job on breastfeeding.  I am just so glad that i have a mentor.. which is really very helpful.

Currently i am nearing to 3 months of breastfeeding and will be able to attain my short term goal.  Now i will add another 3 months to it.  Go for 6 months dear.  ^_^  I am just so excited to continue.. nothing can stop me. haha.. The power of heart!





My very first nursing in public took place during my son's last check up in the Philippines.  We have ebm with us but however my son won't drink it but i know that he's hungry.  I went to the edge of the clinic's garage and right there and then.. he stayed with me for about 15 minutes.  Motherhood and the surprises that comes with it is really amazing.

On September 13, after our arrival here in Singapore we went to my office to report and meet up with previous colleague.  My son was  hungry again that time and won't accept milk from the bottle.. so i asked my friend to help me go inside the customer's room.. and she helped me! haha.  At first, i don't want her to see me nursing.. but i guess i have no choice.. she's the one who helped me out on my nursing cover.


And the picture below is my very first nursing in public.  Our family attend our household meeting and my baby cries after 2 hour of feeding.  So right there.. my sisters helped me.  The one in the left is sis Norhan and at the right is sis Escie (she's our breastfeeding/ cloth diaper mentor).  -- yep! They are Jairus' tita mommy.  The importance of having a support group is something that cannot be neglected.  I am just so fortunate to have a lot.  Praise God!



During my son's 2nd month celebration. I go straight from work and feeling engorge that time i am just so glad that my son need to feed so i don't need to pump at all.  BTW, this also the time that i brought home 12 oz of milk for him after 8 hours of work.  Quite a lot compared to other pumping session i have. ^^



There are times that i really feel frustrated most especially when i think that i can't give him enough and hear someone tells me to switch to formula milk.  Luckily, all the worries paid off when i was able to have a stash of 50oz in just 11 days on top of breastfeeding.  True to what sis Escie says.. Commitment and Love.. will really give you more than what your son need.  During those times.. we exchange messages and she always remind me that it's pumping time.. lolz.  As a reward of being so masipag?!  Hubby gave me a fridge to go.. Just so happy receiving it.. yeah.

I know that it's not just the gift that matters.. it's the overflowing love that i can give my son.  I believe that i can still give more.

Go go go to 6 months baby.. Mommy can and mommy will provide.  Love you son.







PhotobucketStarting from the day i am into breastfeeding and until now, i only have 1 breast to support my son, which i can say is really providing enough for him. ^_^  I can get 5-6 oz of milk from my left and only 1/2-1oz from my right every pump.. still finding solution to increase the milk supply.   

Labels: ,



7:46 PM




From the eyes of an Angel


This blog is about
everything and anything
about my life and people around me.

Iam GRACE.
My name came from a princess.
But i know that i am not.
I do enjoy simple life.
I love to travel the world.
I am a sensitive person.
But someone who can get along well.
I am so loving the pressures.
I do at sometimes focus my mind to what i've been wanting for so long.
I am Gracey. A career woman. A daughter. A sister. A wife to a loving husband Lucky.

Know Me With This Fact

I AM BORN TO LIVE LIFE.

Photobucket Things can never be perfect.
But at least i am trying to make it right.



Memories

Photobucket